Candle Care & Safety
- Always Burn Candles within sight.
- Keep away from things that catch fire.
- Keep away from children.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Never use water to extinguish a candle.
- Ensure wicks are upright and trimmed to 7mm (1/4 inch) during use and each time candle is relit.
- Do not burn 400g Candle for less than 1 hour or more than 4 hours at a time.
- Stop burning when about 10mm (1/2 inch) of un-melted wax remains in the bottom of the jar.
- Never move a burning candle. Ensure candle is extinguished, wax is solid and jar is cold before handling.
- Jars may become hot. Burn candle on an appropriate flat heat-resistant surface.
- Avoid using in drafty areas, near an open window, air duct or fan.
- Keep away from children, pets and flammable materials.
- Do not use lid to extinguish candle.
Candle Care Guide - How to get the best performance out of your Soy Candle.
- Prevent soot from forming on the glass by keeping wicks properly placed and trimmed.
- Never allow the candle flame to come in contact with the side of the glass.
- Do not use if Jar is cracked, chipped or broken.
- If candle has multiple wicks, they must all be lit every time the candle is used.
- Never introduce liquids or foreign objects into candle and keep it free of wick trimmings, matches and any flammable materials.
- When not in use, keep candle covered to avoid dust build-up.
- Use a candle snuffer to properly extinguish a candle flame. If not available, blow gently and steadily on the flame until it is extinguished.
- Container candle burn times will vary. Fragrance, colour, burning habits and environmental conditions affect the time a candle will last.
WAX POOL FIRES
In the event of a ‘wax pool fire’, do not panic. The candle should not be moved or touched whilst on fire. Treat as for an oil or grease fire by starving the oxygen supply. Preferably use CO2 or powder extinguishers or a fire blanket. If these are not available a bucket of sand or if the fire is small, a packet of baking soda can be used. Do not use other kitchen ingredients such as flour because these are flammable. A fireproof container such as a steel pan can be placed over the burning candle if it completely seals off the air. Never throw water onto the fire, this will cause the ignited wax to spread. Never attempt to blow it out.
To avoid wax pool fires always follow the safety and care instructions for your candle.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us here.